Monday, August 2, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 29

Hi Everyone,

Now that the Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Guild in on our summer break I've been very busy creatively in the Loft.  I can't wait to show you all what fun I've been having.

ATC 3.6.5. Challenge - Digital Week Continued

I hope you enjoyed the digital cards from the last posting.  Here are the rest from digital week.

6/18 - "Mischievous Pixie"  I found this great black and white image on the Internet and had to play with it.  Digitally tinting B&W photos has become one of my new favorite things.  I also love how you can adjust each color you add by putting them on their own layer, and playing with the opacity.  For this card I chose to make the pixies shirt and lips more intense while leaving the eyes and hair a little more subtle.  Throw in some cute pixie wings thanks to a downloaded digital brush and voila!



6/19 "Ghosts in Charleston"  Here is a photo of my own that I had taken in Charleston.  It wasn't one of my best however I used the slight camera shake to and graveyard to my advantage and added some ghosts.








6/20 "Father's Day" - What better way to end Digital week then to celebrate Father's day.  Of course I had to do a card dedicated to my husband I am so blessed to have such a man in my life, not only a wonderful husband, but a fantastic father.








Ok so Digital week is now done, but I'm so hooked on digital cards that you will see a lot more of them show up in my postings during the remainder of the ATC 3.6.5. Challenge.

6/21 "Peeping Tom"  I bought these really neat foil windows from a place called Retro Art Cafe and couldn't wait to use them.  I used a brick paper (sorry mfg unknown) for the background and then cut the couple in the window from Graphic 45 "Le Romantique" paper, and adhered to the brick. The window was adhered on top using foam pop up squares.


6/22 "  An Elephant in Charleston"  I'm proud to say that this entire digital image were from photographs I took and were added together in a digital collage.  I blew this one up a bit so you could see it a little better.  I had done this as a final project in my Digital Layers class with Susan Tuttle.









6/23 "Sun Kissed"  A long time ago when I was a college student I took a class in design and marketing, and always found my eye drawn to images with a radial element.  So when I found this great sunburst stencil I had to have it.    I painted in the stencil using an orange Adirondack paint dabber first, then when dried I hand painted in the yellow paint.  The girl was cut from Graphic 45 paper, and the title was stamped using my cute wooden mini alpha stamps.


6/24" Delight"   I apologize for the poor quality of the photo.  I lost my original file for this digital card, so this is a photo of the card I printed.  The image was an old black and white Hollywood silent movie era photo that I added color too.  I then added this digital frame.













6/25"Angel"  I am in love with these foil embellishments, here I used foil wings placed at the back of a woman I detail cut from a free sample of paper found in Stampington magazine.  The background was cut from Tweety Jill collage paper and painted using colorbox Cat's Eye ink and a yellow Adirondack paint dabber.  For the title I used black on clear mini alpha stickers.

6/26 "Statue in Paris" The background was cut from the Tweety Jill "Travel to Paris" paper pack, which was inked with Tsukineko chalk ink in turquoise using a polka dot stencil I bought from Retro Art Cafe.  The statue was cut from a daily desk calendar.  Sorry the picture quality is not so great here.
6/27"Little Girl "   Another B&W image I found on the Internet and digitally colorized.  I love doing these and I've noticed that I tend to pick more pinks and blues when I colorize, which I think pop more against the gray tones.













6/28 "Button Flower"  Ok so it was simple, but fun and cute.  I love these mini buttons.
















6/29 "Ticket to Venice"  I used a drawing found in a magazine as my background, and added a ticket stamp and other travel stamps and embellishments.     This was a made on the way card.














6/30 "Flower Show"  I love Graphic 45 paper, here I used images cut from their "Farmers Market" paper and stamped using some Tweety Jill Poultry pack stamps.















This is all I have for today.    I'll be posting again real soon to show you some new things I have been working on and get into July cards.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!