Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 43



ATC 3.6.5. Challenge


I can hardly believe that at the time I am posting this update to my blog that I only have 2 more cards to make and that my year long challenge of making an ATC a day is almost over.  It also made me realize just how far behind I am in posting the cards, so let's catch up shall we...


*** Disclaimer on digital ATC cards***. Most, but not all of the digital ATC's here were done with images found openly on the Internet for my own personal enjoyment. I do not own the photos and they have not been reproduced or sold in anyway.

11/2 - "Destination" - this is actually a book type card made from passport images found on the Internet, the image of a girl from a catalog, an old slide frame and some rub-ons.  Here's the front:
And here is the inside


11/3 - "Katie" - Background was colored using tea stain and red brick distress inks, and then stamped with a baked clay texture stamp from Tattered Angels.  Image is from a Tweety Jill collage pack.

11/4 - "I Love You" - Background was colored with Portfolio water soluble crayons.  Photo of an eye was cut from a magazine.  The heart was cut from red cardstock, and then stamped with the letter U.  The heart and the U were then embellished with a white Uniball Signo pen.

11/5 - "All he Wanted Was the Remote" - Digital ATC made from an image that was taken from an old Saturday Evening Post cover found on the Internet


11/6 - "Art Awaits You" - collage card made from images and words from my monthly AAA news magazine.
11/7 - "Angels" - background cut from cardstock bought on clearance, mfg unknown.  Images of angels taken from Graphic 45 paper, embellished with gold stickers and red Color Box ink.


11/8 - "Best Friend" - Background and image taken from Tweety Jill collage packs, title cut from an ATC collage pack.
11/9 - "Lillian" - Vintage photo taken from the Internet and printed on cardstock and colored with pastel chalks and watercolor pencils.

11/10 - "Help my Face is Stuck" - I couldn't help but poke a little fun at this famous pose from Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard.

11/11 - "All he Wanted was a Cup of Coffee" - Fun take on a still photo from an old silent movie.


11/12 - "Keep Calm and Carry On" - Image taken from a poster catalog.  The original poster was produced by the British government in 1939 during the beginning of World War II, intended to raise the morale of the British public under the threat of impending invasion. I find this very inspirational on days when I am very stressed out in my "day" job.

11/13 - "Fabric Fairy" - this is a collage ATC made from a scrap of fabric given to me by my friend Tess who owns Scrap and Sew, a fabulous local fabric and quilting store. The fairy, the sun and the clouds are all separate pieces of fabric detail cut and glued on top of the fabric background (leaves) using Fabric Tac. other. 

11/14 - "Be Bold" - Background image cut from vintage newsprint paper from ATC collage pack, image of silent movie actress Louise Brooks taken from the Internet, and the title was taken from a poster in a catalog.


11/15 - "You are the Bacon to my Eggs" - Tribute to my husband who is affectionately known in our house as "The Bacon Master" since he always makes us awesome bacon with our breakfast every weekend.


11/16 - "I Knew These Shoes Were Killer" - my fun take on a image I found on the Internet

11/17 - "Russian Doll" - I saw these cute Russian dolls in a magazine and it inspired me to draw one myself for today's card. The background is smeared navy blue chalk ink, and the doll is cut from white cardstock and colored with Zig markers.  The flowers are punched from card stock and glued on and then outlined in black marker.

11/18 - "Why Me" - the title of this card was my first thought when I saw this image in a magazine.
11/19 - "A Wonderful Day" - I found this image of a art piece by mixed media artist Kelly Rae Roberts which fit the kind of day I was having so perfectly that I had to use it for my card.  On this day I volunteered to help at the daycare my daughter attends for their annual Thanksgiving feast.  It was my 9th year participating as a volunteer in the feast and was amazed that this year the feast fed over 500 people.  Later in the afternoon I took my girls to see the new Harry Potter movie which we were eagerly anticipating.

11/20 - "My Own Little World" - Image was taken from an Anthropologie catalog, with a title taken from a poster catalog.

11/21 - "Great Expectations" - Background image cut from and old pattern envelope image found on the Internet.  The dress was cut from a magazine and embellished with Gelly Roll gel pens.


11/22 - "The Easy Button" - Digital ATC made from the image of a piece of artwork found on the Internet (artist unknown) I added my own playful touch by adding the "easy" text to the artwork. 


Well that's all I have for today.  More coming very soon I promise!  As always your comments are welcome so feel free to drop me a note and let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!