Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's new at The Loft - Episode 84

A Hard Decision

Our best intentions do not always turn out the way we want them to, and such is the case with me.  I gave it a lot of thought and have decided to end the Macro 3.6.5. Challenge.

My approach to the challenge was meant to be an exploration and self education of Macro photography, but sadly it became clear early on that I was facing a lot of obstacles.  Time and additional photography equipment were the 2 major ones, that unfortunately played off of each other in ways I did not anticipate.  Not only was it the time in taking the photos, but the editing of the photos and the blogging research were all together more time consuming than my 2010 ATC 3.6.5. Challenge.

My work schedule (mainly getting home after sundown) didn't allow for natural looking photos and without a lighting system, I was spending a lot of time in Photoshop which left me feeling very frustrated.  It also left me no time for my other creative pursuits which was what my blog was mainly started for.

This decision has been a hard one to make.  On one hand I feel as if I have failed myself in this personal goal, and let down those who have supported me, but on the other hand I feel that to continue on was not being true to my real intention of the challenge.  And while I did feel I came out of what I have done so far with some sense of accomplishment, and a few really great pictures, I also feel that it was no longer an educational challenge of Macro photography but more an opportunity to utilize and strengthen my Photoshop editing skills.  

I hope that those of you who read and/or follow my blog will understand and not be disappointed in me and will give me your continued support in this decision.   As always your comments are most appreciated so let me know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!