Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's new at The Loft - Episode 87




Just wanted to share some photos of my projects for the "It's So Easy" class I have been taking with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.

Our first project was to create a mixed media butterfly banner. Since I didn't have a bunch of butterfly punches to complete the project I pulled out my Cricut and cut lipstick, shoes, mirrors, gloves and some bottle of nail polish out of painted file folders to make a more girlie banner.

 Girlie Banner







The first part of the project was to decorate some file folders, I painted mine with watercolor paints and then stamped some and used gold pen and ink on others.  For a few of the file folders I also used resist crayon before I painted them. After I cut the folders in the Cricut, the pieces were then sewn on the sewing machine.


Decorative Tags
Our next project was to make some decorative tags. The first was made with layered fabric circles sewn on the tag.  The second tag was made with torn pages of a book, layered with text facing different directions and then sewn.  The last tag was made with hand colored lace, layered and sewn to the tag.  I have to admit I'm not a big fan of tags, so this project didn't inspire me as much.  However I did think the circle tag came out cute, the photo here doesn't do it justice, as it looks much nicer in person.







Stuffed Heart Ornament

For our next project we were to use an old paint rag to create this stuffed heart.  Instead I used some white muslin and painted it with watercolor crayons, acrylic paint and gold marker.  This was such a cute project I can't wait to make a few more.


Unfortunately I'm a little behind on my class projects,  so I will be working this week to complete a mixed media pillowcase and an alphabet clutch.  I'll be posting about those soon.

Comments are welcome so please let me know what you think  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stuff! Love the show banner particularly! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! The details in your banner are lovely, and your tags are really cute. Love the circles one. Also, your heart pillow turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving everything you do! Your pillow is gorgeous. I am way behind too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!