Friday, October 7, 2011

What's new at The Loft - Episode 100

Teaching the Art of ATC's

I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to teach another class at the Scrapendipity Retreats - Scrapajama weekend crop on Sept. 24th.  I love making ATC's and I try to promote the art form to a wider audience by teaching classes that I like to call "ATC's for the Everyday Scrapbooker."  In my classes I try to teach how to make simple ATC's using basic paper crafting skills so that the ATC's can be traded or used in layouts.

For this class I designed 3 new projects and to get things going, we started with a simple little apron card, which utlized some basic paper crafting like faux stitching and featured an over skirt that opens.  Mine had a little quote in it, but in scrapbooking it can also be used for a more personal message or other journaling.








And here is how I used my card in a layout.



The second card was a small Halloween inspired stained glass window, and for this project my students learned to use a paper crimper, stamped on vellum, and worked with Sharpies.




And here was how I used the card in a layout.  In my layout however I changed the ATC back by using a black "spooky" text paper, to better fit the theme and provide more of a contrast to all the orange on the page.



The last project I created was actually an ATC or Tag holder.  The holder was made from a small paper bag, and the students had to fray linen, use distress ink to dye lace, and worked with pan pastel chalks.  I was really happy the way these turned out.




And here are some pictures of my students working hard.  















I really enjoy teaching, and I hope I can continue to do so in the future.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!