Monday, July 2, 2012

What's new at The Loft - Episode 115

In my last post I hinted that I would have an announcement soon and after many months of discussing, planning and stressing I'm happy to announce that...

MY ETSY STORE IS FINALLY OPEN!!!



The shop right now only has one listing but we will be adding more in the near future, so stop by and let me know what you think.



Mini Art Quilts

I recently took a thread art mini quilt class with my good friend and quilting mentor Teri Morrow.  She is amazingly talented and creative, and a wonderfully patient teacher.  In her class we learned how to make these fun little scrappy mini art quilts with layered backgrounds, applique and LOTS of free motion stitching to not only secure the layers but to accentuate the applique with an almost hand drawn look using thread.  Teri had given us a choice from two of her original designs to work on in class.  I chose the below design to learn the technique.   








I loved this project so much that I couldn't wait to do the other one of Teri's designs (below).





I was so inspired that I wanted to see if I could duplicate a picture, so I found this cute picture online and went to work.


And here is how she turned out










This project was a challenge but I am really happy with the way it turned out.



Well that's all I have for today.  Comments are always welcome so feel free to drop me a note and let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!