Sunday, October 31, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 37

Happy Halloween!!!

Pumpkin Carving

Halloween is always a fun time of year, and it wouldn't be Halloween without carving a pumpkin  This year I let my youngest daughter carve most of the pumpkin by herself with some close supervision of course.


First she drew on the face.

Then I cut the opening on top for her

Then she scooped out the inside.

Then it was time to start carving.


Here is the final result, Cassidy called him Bob!!! 


Pumpkin Painting

I love to carve pumpkins too, but this year I wanted to try something different so I decided to paint a two small pumpkins.

First, I primed both pumpkins with white paint

and from my other paints I chose a fall color palette to use. 

Then I painted my pumpkin using my fall colors, laying down color in a random pattern.

I then painted on some hearts with black paint, and added decoration to them with gold paint.  For added color I found some old puffy paint and put some green and purple dots on top.

The second pumpkin I then spray painted with gold paint.

I doodled a flourish design that I was really happy with and decided to follow for this pumpkin.

I then used the same color palette and painted the colors in a random pattern.  While the paint was still wet I laid paper towels on the surface to remove some of the paint and to give it the look of texture by letting the gold spray paint show through.


I then used black paint to draw on my pattern.

I think these both came out so cute!



Trick or Treat

Lastly what is Halloween with out kids in costumes.  This year only our youngest Cassidy wanted to go make the candy walk, so of course we had to take pictures before she went out.



As always your comments are always welcome so feel free to drop me a note and let me know what you think.

Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!