Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's new at The Loft - Episode 93

Airport Photo Op

What do you do when you are waiting at the airport for your husbands flight to come in, why take pictures of course.  Bringing your camera for a little fun and good practice can be a great way to kill time while you are waiting for a flight.


The parking garage was a perfect place to practice the technique of panning on flights taking off and landing








Even inside the terminal there was time for a little photo fun













Table Runner

For my Mom's birthday I decided to make her a table runner, using my new found, but limited knowledge of quilting.  I designed it myself using simple blocks, a variety of batiks in mostly purples (her favorite color) and quilted stitch in a ditch style.  And for the larger squares I stitched hearts on them.  I hadn't learned how to do a proper quilt binding when I made this so I used a store bought quilt binding and trimmed the edges in a light purple knotted trim.  Sorry for the poor photo quality, I took them on my camera phone.

Right front

 
Left front


Back



Well that's all I have for today.  Comments are always welcome so feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!