Saturday, August 6, 2011

What's new at The Loft - Episode 96

Teaching the Art of ATC's

My good friend Brenda who owns Scrapendipity Retreats, was kind enough to let me teach at her July weekend crop a few weeks ago.  The croppers that come to these fun weekend retreats tend to be more traditional scrapbookers so I tried to gear these introductions into the world of ATC's specifically to scrapbookers and show them how they can use these ATC's in traditional scrapbooking layouts as decorative embellishments or as a means of adding journaling to their layout.  This is the second time I have taught a class for Brenda and really enjoy meeting people and introducing them to the possibilities that ATC's offer.

Here are the projects that we worked on for the class I like to call "ATC's for the Everyday Scrapbooker"

This cute little purse opens to reveal a quote, but could include your own personal journaling.





Here is how I used mine in a sample layout


This little pocket card, has strips of paper for journaling, but it could be cute to cute out some keys and journal on them and put them in the pocket.



I modified my strips a little to add more decorative pizazz to my sample layout.





This card is a cute curtain frame for a small picture.

 

Here are some photos of the class itself.  These were a great group of ladies and they were a lot of fun.












I'm already working on the projects for a new class hopefully I will be teaching in September.

That's all I have for today, thanks for dropping by and hope you come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!