Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What's Creating Today OSQE 2016

One thing as a quilter that I always look forward to every year is the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo in Lakeland, FL.  When I first started quilting the expo was a place to go to see a wonderful and magical gallery of quilts on display that both amazed and inspired me.  It undoubtedly was also a good time to shop for hard to find items or new gadgets and products that were just coming on the market.  As the years went on it the OSQE experience changed for me and became more about going to classes.  Taking one class here and there transitioned to an entire weekend retreat for me and a desire for learning new things.  Here is where I take time for just myself, and focus on a craft that I have come to love with a fierce passion.  I have a real thirst for educating myself, broadening my horizons and opening my eyes to new techniques and different ways of doing things. 

I have found at times however that classes can be hit or miss.  I have been fortunate in that most of the classes I have taken were very educational and teachers were both knowledgeable and wonderful at conveying that knowledge.  But there have also been a few that were less than the value at which I paid for them, and more that a little disappointing.

The quilt gallery however has always been the place for me to be inspired an motivated.  It never fails to impress me, to open my eyes, to make me look at things from new perspectives, and to deepen the passion for quilting in me even more.

With that being said I thought I would share with you photos of some of my favorite quilts from the gallery.























These were but a small sample of all of the amazing quilts that I saw.  So which ones were your favorites?  Feel free to leave me comments or drop me an e-mail I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!