Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 13


Sorry it's been awhile since my last posting.  Things have just been so hectic lately.  My printer which I loved will no longer accept any kind of coated papers so I have been doing research on new printers.  I finally ended up getting one on Saturday night after having dinner with some friends, but I haven't been able to try it out yet.  The printer cost significantly more money than the last printer, but I was fortunate enough to get it on sale.  The bad part was I couldn't see for myself what the photo quality was.  This is not something I would normally do but when I bought it, it was the last day of the sale and about 45 minutes until closing.  Luckily they have a good return policy so if it doesn't work out I can take it back.
Sunday I worked at one of our local scrapbook stores called Scraporium for the last day of the Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Treasure Hunt.  I was there to promote to Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Guild and to help with make and takes for the store.  It was a lot of fun and I got to meet a lot of nice people.

Tuesday night we had our montly Board of Directors meeting for the TBSG, and we had  a great discussion of our upcoming events.  Here's what we have coming up:

Saturday, March 20 we will be conducting our first workshop featuring a project called "My Wish For You".  The workshop is being lead by Mou Saha.  For more information on Mou click here.

Our general Guild meeting for March will be Tuesday, March 30th @ 6:30 pm and will feature guest speaker Nancy Nally from Scrapbook Update.  For more on Nancy and Scrapbook Update click here.

For more information on these two upcoming events or to sign up online you can go to http://www.tampabayscrapbookingguild.com/.  Seating is limited so don't delay!


ATC 3.6.5. Challenge update

Even though I haven't posted in awhile rest assured I'm still working on a card a day.  I had recently purchased more Tweety Jill collage packs, and love them so much, but the creative juices have been drained lately.  Even with all these great papers and images, I've found I'm a little tapped of my inspiration.  I'm feeling a little pressure lately to try and complete some things soon, which I think is adding to this creative block.  I've been so tired after working a full day which I think is also contributing.  Regardless I'm still happy for the most part with a lot of the cards I've created lately.

3/5  "Paris 1915"

All the images in this card are from my Tweety Jill collage packs.  I started with a sheet music background from the "Travel to Paris" collage pack and adhered it to the card.  Next I inked the edges with Tsukineko chalk ink in midnight blue.  I then detail cut the image from the "Fashion" collage pack.  The stamp in the upper right hand corner was also cut from the "Travel to Paris" collage pack, and was inked with Colorbox Cat's Eye ink in Red and then adhere with a tombow glue stick.  A.R. 2.5


3/6  "From Paris with Love"
I actually used a playing card for the base of this ATC even though it isn't visible.  I started by cutting a strip of brownish red with white polka dot paper from the Tweety Jill "Retro Rooster" papers. and adhered it to the left edge of the card.   I then cut the image of the Eiffel Tower from the "Travel to Paris" collage pack, and adhered it to the right edge of the card, overlapping the first strip.  I then took a french script stamp and stamped the bottom of the card at an angle using black ink.  I then inked all the edges of the card with Colorbox Cat's Eye ink in gold.  Next I cut a small tag from some light brown paper with my Cuttlebug using a Sizzick Big Bite die.  I then inked the tag with Tsukineko chalk ink in red and glued it down on the card.  The image of the woman was cut from the Tweety Jill "Fashion" collage pack and edge with Tuskineko chalk ink in brick red before I adhered it to the tag with pop up dots.  Lastly I added an epoxy sticker of a postal stamp. A.R. 3.0

3/7 "Cassidy in Oil Pastel"  
For this card I started with a black and white photo of my younger daugher and adhered it to the card.  Next I used a white oil pastel crayon and covered the entire photo. (Yes I said the entire photo!)  Next I started to color in the details with color.  I first colored in the hair and eyebrows with brown but when done I was not happy with how bright the brown was, so I blended it with some black.  I next added some blue for the eyes and red for the lips.  After that I colored in the skin with a flesh tone, and added some blue to the background.  I then added some detail and definition back in by using a fine tip marker to outline the eyes, lips, eyebrows, and face. Lastly I added a very light black line to the edge of the nose.  A.R. 2.0


3/8 "Balloon Adventure"
For this card I started with a background cut from the sky portion of a sheet of kite paper by Best Creations Inc.  The background was adhered to the card, and then stamped with a Tattered Angels large compass stamp.  I then edged the card in Tsukineko Chalk ink in Midnight blue.  Next I colored in parts of the compass with red, blue and yellow Zig markers, along with clear and rose star Gelly Roll Stardust pens.  Next I detail cut the hot air balloon from paper by Websters Pages, and inked the edges with Tsukineko chalk ink in red.  I lightly inked the top of the image with Tsukineko chalk in in turquoise and gingerbread to give it a more aged look.  I then adhered the hot air balloon to the card with some pop up dots.  Next I stamped the word adventure in black ink on white paper, and cut loosely around the word.  Using the same turquoise chalk ink I lightly covered the title, and highlighted the words in a rose star Gelly Roll Stardust pen, and edged the title in a clear Gelly Roll Stardust pen.  Lastly I adhered the title to the bottom of the card.  A.R. 3.0

3/9/ "Operators are Standing by"
To make this card I started with a background from some Tweety Jill collage paper.  To give it a more aged and distressed look I used Tsukineko chalk ink in gingerbread, brick red and turquoise and edged the card and smeared on the surface.  Next I cut a small tag from some light brown paper with my Cuttlebug using a Sizzick Big Bite die.  I then edged the card in the gingerbread and aged the face of the tag using the same combination inks as the background.  I then used a black fine point marker to draw a faux stitch line around the edge of the tag.  I then stamped the saying on the card using black ink. ( I love this stamp)!  I glued the tag down onto the card at an angle starting in the upper right edge of the background.  Lastly I detail cut the woman on the phone from Graphic 45 paper and adhered her onto the background slightly overlapping the tag. A.R. 4.5

3/10 "I'm Late"
Since buying the Tweety Jill "Alice in Wonderland" collage pack I have been wanting to use it and make some ATC's but the creative vibe was not grabbing me a first, so I put this pack to the side for awhile.  But the desire to make an Alice ATC was too strong and I was deteremined that I would make one this week no matter what, and here it is.  I started by cutting the background out of the collage pack, it was ATC size so no trimming was necessary, so all I had to do was glue it down with some Tombow glue stick.  I then edged the card with Color box Cat's Eye ink in lime green and yellow.  Next I detail cut the image of the rabbit from the collage pack and adhered him to the background off to the left side.  I then used a metal rimmed tag and glued an epoxy clock sticker to the top of it.  I adhered the clock using Glue dots.  I then stamped the title with some mini wood mounted alpha stamps.  A.R.

RECENT PHOTO WORK & PHOTOSHOP PSE 7 PLAY

My photomanipulation class is done now, but it doesn't keep me from playing around in Photoshop or messing with my camera.  Below are just a few things, but if you'd like to see more, check out my flickr page.  Here's some of my recent fun:   



I love the retro look in this photo of my older daughter.  It reminds me of my old family pictures from the 70's.   I haven't enhanced the photo in any way digitally, and the effect was created by simply covering the lens with red saran wrap.   Since the saran wrap isn't quite clear, it gives it a more grainy look.

I used a gaussian blur effect to the background to enhance and bring attention to the living tree at Disney's Animal Kingdom. 



Here's a digital collage of my husband and daughters created using several transparent layers and an added texture layer.












That's all I have for now.  Your comments are always appreciated so please feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and please come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!