Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 14

The 411 on Life at The Loft

Life seems to be keeping me very busy these days, which results in me finding I have less time to post lately.  The funny part though is that when I look back over the last few days since my last post I can't see where I've done much of anything artistically other than make my ATC every day.  I have been playing in photoshop a lot lately but don't feel like I've produced much worth commenting on.   Part of the problem has been my creative funk lately.  But I've signed up for a few new classes recently so hopefully this will be the trick to get those juices flowing.

Ok, so I confess, the artistic funk I've been in lately is not the only reason for my lack of creative output, it's also been my overwhelming desire to play Sims 3 which I got for Christmas but haven't had much time to play with.  So far it's ok, but I still think I like Sims 2 better.  Next post I'll write about the pros and cons of each.  I take my Simming very seriously, and I've found over the years that when I'm having an artistic block I ususally go back to The Sims, and do a lot of building.  Building new lots, I find, can also be a great creative release.

UPCOMING TAMPA BAY SCRAPBOOKING GUILD EVENTS

Saturday, March 20 we will be conducting our first workshop featuring a project called "My Wish For You". The workshop is being lead by Mou Saha. For more information on Mou click here. (Sorry Registration for this is now closed)


Our general Guild meeting for March will be Tuesday, March 30th @ 6:30 pm and will feature guest speaker Nancy Nally from Scrapbook Update. For more on Nancy and Scrapbook Update click here.

For more information on these two upcoming events or to sign up online you can go to http://www.tampabayscrapbookingguild.com/. Seating is limited so don't delay!




MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT

My birthday was a few months ago and my wonderful hubby got us tickets to go see Michael Bublé live in concert.  My husband doesn't really care for him but he is a sweetie and took me anyways because he knew I really wanted to go.  The concert was this past Saturday night and I had such a great time.  The show was fantastic and he is such an incredible singer.  I think hubby was even a little impressed, although he probably wouldn't admit it.  If you ever get a chance to see him live, I highly recommend it!!!   The show opener was a a group called Naturally 7,  who are an all a cappella group which they call "Vocal Play".  They were a very talented group of guys and enjoyed their portion of the the show as well.


ATC 3.6.5. CHALLENGE UPDATE

I'm still going strong on the daily ATC, but finding I'm spending a lot more time in creating them, which I think is taking away my time to do other things artistic.  While doing my card every night I'm finding that home, kids and life keep getting in the way, which in turn now takes me longer to do my card.  This then leads to obviously little or no time to do much of anything else.  However, daughter #1 has lost her enthusiasm for reviewing mom's cards so you will notice the A.R.'s are blank.



3/11/10 "City Streets"

For this card I started by cutting a background of some kite paper from Best Creations Inc. paper.  I cut a portion from just where the sky was showing.  Next I detail cut the shops shown on the left and right of the card from my scrabooking daily calendar.  I glued them down using a Tombow glue stick.  I then detail cut the traffic light, the taxi, the lady walking her dog and the woman in the hat and glued them down towards the middle of the card a bit, to give the card more perspective.  Next I detail cut the two larger women and adhere them to the card with pop up dots to give the card even more depth.  Lastly I added some white clouds I drew by hand using a white uniball gel pen.  A.R.

3/12/10  "On the Farm"  
My card from today was created by cutting a background from my Tweety Jill "Retro Roosters" pages collage pack, next I inked the edges of the card with Tsukineko chalk ink in midnight blue.  Next I used the chicken wire stamp from the Tweety Jill "Poultry Party"  stamp set and stamped it in black ink on the left side of the card.  After I stamped it however I didn't like how dark it came out so I cut out a picture of a barn and adhered it over most of the stamp.  Next I cut a small brown tag in my Cuttlebug and inked the top in Tsukineko chalk ink in turquoise and red brick to age it a bit.  Using the Tweety Jill "Poultry Party" stamp set I next stamped the chickens in Tsukineko chalk ink in Gingerbread,  the text was stamped in the brick red chalk ink the round label stamped in black ink, and the red checker board was stamped using Colorbox Cat's eye ink.  The tag was then edge in midnight blue chalk ink.  I then adhered the card to the right side of the card at an angle.  Lastly I detail cut the chicken and adhered it to the left side of the card using pop up dots.  A.R. 

3/13  "Sophisticated Lady"

For this card I started with some Tweety Jill paper from the "Retro Roosters" collage pack (blue/white polka dots) and used it as the background and then layered it with the french handwriting paper from Jill's "Travel to Paris" collage pack.  Next I detail cut the woman sitting from Jill's "Fashion" collage pack.  I topped off the card by adhering two prima flowers to the card with a rhinestone brad.  A.R. 

3/14  " believe"

To create this card I started by using my Neo II watercolor crayons to color the background  pink.  Next I took one of my photoshopped pictures of my daugher an adhere it to the left of the card.  I then stamped the title and the message with black ink.  Lastly I detail cut the two butterfiles and adhered them to the card with pop up dots.  A.R.    



3/15  "9:15"

I started this card by using a playing card for a background, to which I adhered a strip of pink handwriting paper taken from the Tweety Jill "Retro Roosters" collage pack.  The strip was adhered to the card in a diagonal across the card.  I next detail cut the woman from the Tweety Jill "Fashion" collage pack and glued her on top.  I then die cut a small tag using my Cuttlebug, and stamped a ticket from Jill's "Poultry Party" stamp collection in black ink.  I glued the ticket down at the bottom left of the card.  I then cut the number 15 from a Tweety Jill bingo card paper in the "Retro Roosters" collage paper pack and glued it on top of the ticket.  Lastly to give the whole card a more distressed look, I smeared Colorbox Cat's eye ink in bronze all over the top.  A.R.  




NEW MAGAZINE PAINTINGS & PHOTOSHOP PLAY

I have been playing around a little bit here and there, mostly in photoshop, but a little magazine painting as well.  Here is some of my recent work:




 "Girl Lounging"




"Girl with a Flower in her Hair" 

I took this photo a while back but just started playing with it for my last photomanipulation class. 


I love the tones of the photo of my daughter below.  I'm actually using this photo to do another manipulation that I'm not finished with yet, but this was the first result of playing.
Well that's all I have today.  As always your comments are appreciated so please feel to tell me what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!