Thursday, September 16, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 33

Welcome Back!

Twenty years ago when I was in college I was exposed to so many wonderful and creative things.  One of which was stamp carving.  Back then the stamps I carved were small and extremely simple in design, so when I recently took up stamp carving again I tried some designs that were a bit more complex.   Here are some of the stamps I've carved recently.





ATC 3.6.5 Challenge

I can't believe we are already half way through September already, and I'm still keeping up with the challenge.  I'm actually surprised myself that I have made it this far.  And even though I find myself creatively drained on some days, I am determined to see it through to the end.  So without further ado, lets try to get more caught up on the cards.


8/11 "Friends" - background cut from gift packaging, image from Graphic 45 paper, title is made from Making Memories mini alpha stickers.













8/12 "Art" - background, flowers and title from Artsy Collage, image from Graphic 45, embellished with lace and buttons.









8/13 "Wash Day" - background paper and image from Graphic 45.  Title done with black Zig marker.















8/14 "It's All About the Shoes" - Image from Graphic 45, shoe bling from Gelly Roll Clear Star pen.  Inks from Tsukineko. Title with black Zig marker.














8/15 "Dream" - background painted with Caran D'ache Neo II watercolor crayons, cupid image cut from craft magazine, title and butterflies from K& Company.









8/16 "Dress up" - background, title and dresses cut from Scrapbook a day Calendar.  Image of girl cut from magazine.













8/17 "Swimsuit Model" - background is a magazine page with gesso applied.  Image from Graphic 45 paper.  Doodling and title was done with a black zig marker.













8/18 "Beautiful" - Background and image cut from magazine.  Definition cut from dictionary.













8/19 "From the Moment He Saw Her" - Image taken from Graphic 45 paper, journaling with black Zig marker. Doodled edge done with black and light blue Zig marker.













8/20 "The Queen of Hearts" - background, image and embellishments all from Tweety Jill.  Edged with Tsukineko chalk ink.













Well that's all I have for today.  I'll be posting again soon to try to get caught up on posting about the cards up to date.  As always comments are welcome so feel free to let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!