Friday, September 24, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 34

Wasn't looking for inspiration, but it found me!

I love finding new inspiration, especially when I'm not necessarily looking forward to it. I recently took a trip to Ikea to get one last piece of furniture needed to finish daughter #1's bedroom. I wanted the trip to be quick so I could go home and work on some other projects, but as soon as I walked inside I found myself amazed and inspired by my surroundings. And much to my older daughters frustration, I began snapping pictures like crazy, and our quick trip was not so quick.





















ATC 3.6.5. Challenge

8/21 "Fly Away" - Made from Websters paper, pop up foam, and clear letter stickers.















8/22 "Here We Go Again" - My tribute to Jonny Quest, which was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a child.  Made from some really neat trading cards my husband brought home from Comic-Con this year.  The image of Jonny was grabbed off the Internet.


8/23 "Game On" - Background and image of Steve Stamkos taken from promotional materials for the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team, I received in the mail.  Title is from the Making Memories alpa stickers.









8/24 "Drive By" - background, image and title taken from a AAA Auto Club magazine.











8/25 "Confucius Say" - image taken from an Urban Outfitters catalog, title printed off of the computer.  I really love this card, and it's play on the common belief that women are obsessed with shoes.  So not true for me anyway!    I'd rather get a few more jars of paint.





8/26 "Bad Day" - Made with black acrylic paint and a white paint marker.  Unfortunately the name says it all for this day.  A very bad day indeed.

Well that's all I have for today.  As always comments are always welcome so please feel free to drop me a note and tell me what you think.   Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!