Saturday, November 20, 2010

What's new at the Loft - Episode 40

Photo Walk at the Cypress Creek Quilt Show Part 2

In my last post I told you about the Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Guild'sPhoto Walk at the USF Botanical Gardens, and posted pictures of some of the quilts I found inspiring.  The quilts were of course the point of the Cypress Creek Quilters Guild show, but the photo walk was about learning about the settings on your camera and how to use them.  My camera and I are well acquainted so I used the photo walk as an opportunity to practice more with my 100 mm macro lens and to practice my composition.  Here are some more of the photos from this great outing.

Here is a picture of Joe Roberts, of Roberts Imagery who led the photo walk.


I loved all the scarecrows that were everywhere around the show area.








A close up of a yo-yo lion

I'll have even more photos from the quilt show in my next post.


ATC 3.6.5. Challenge

***Disclaimer on digital ATC cards***. Most, but not all of the digital ATC's here were done with images found openly on the Internet for my own personal enjoyment. I do not own the photos and they have not been reproduced or sold in anyway.

10/11 "Boy Do I Feel Stupid" - Background painted with Basic acrylic paint, image from Oriental Trading Company catalog, title written in Sharpie white poster paint pen.













10/12 " Buddha" - Background is of metal from Ten Seconds Studios embossed and painted with Basic acrylic paint in copper.  Image from poster catalog.











10/13 "Heavenly" - Background is painted using Neo II watercolor crayons in sky blue, edged in midnight blue Tsukineko chalk ink.  Image from Oriental Trading Company catalog, and title from Making Memories alpha stickers.








10/14 "Ciao Bella"  - Background cut from poster calendar, woman cut from Graphic 45 paper.  Tag cut from Sizzix, inked with Distress ink and title stamped using mini wooden alpha stamps.










10/15 "Fly" - Background is from Basic Grey Blush line fabric, bird cage is a cheap rub-on from Michaels, the bird was stamped on canvas and detail cut out and embellished with a crystal eye, and the title was stamped on off white linen.



10/16 "Annette" - Digital card made with vintage image found on the Internet, embellished with a digital brush of the sun.












10/17 "The Beautiful Maiden of Castle Dangerous" - Background is from Jenni Bowlin mini papers, image from Graphic 45 paper and title cut from CD liner notes.









10/18 "Looking Down from the Ivory Tower" - entire card made from different CD liner notes.















10/19 "Digital Steampunk" - Digital card made utilizing many layers including map background, digital brushes of the gears and found steampunk girl image from the Internet.












10/20 "Hello?" - Background and image from an Anthropologie catalog, title are Making Memories alpha stickers.











Well that's all I have for today.  As always comments are appreciated so please feel free to drop me a note and let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!