Thursday, August 25, 2016

Catching up Part 1

What's Creating Today - Catching up since my last post - Part 1

Wow, so my resolution of posting on my blog is not going as planned as I have barely found the time to get into the studio let alone find the time to blog about things. 

Obviously life at The Loft has been anything but idle, so I thought I would share some of things we have been up to.

The Loft was in full Tampa Bay Lightning fan mode as our beloved Bolts once again made it into the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Besides our normal half season tickets, Hubby even got the full playoff package, so late season and post season hockey was at the forefront of all of our activities from March through May.   During this time though, Cassidy and I took advantage of a behind the scenes tour of Amalie Arena before a game in early March, so here are some pictures.  The free tour was really great and very informative.  I never know so much went into ice maintenance.

This is Bob, who is in charge of making sure the ice is in top form for each game, and is one of the drivers of the Zamboni.


 
 

 
The Press Box
 
The hockey playoffs definitely kept us busy as we had tickets for all the home games.  Here is a picture from Game 1 of the first series against the Islanders.
 
 
 
Even for Mother's Day, the Lightning made for more lasting memories.  My husband unfortunately had to be out of town that weekend but he arranged for a wonderful surprise for me.
 

ThunderBug our team mascot, paid me a visit at work and brought me flowers.  This was one of those wonderful surprises that people always see on the internet but almost never happens to them. 
 



 
I did manage to get some studio time in however, and finished these two Toni Whitney wall hangings.
 
 
 
I even managed to get my first tattoo on the 4th of July weekend.  Lord of the Rings fans may recognize the font.  I'm a big fan so I had my name inked on my back in Elvish!
 

 
 
I also reached a milestone with my bicycling.  I logged my first
1000 miles,
since I started seriously riding in October of 2014.  I know to some this might not seem like a lot, but for me it was a huge personal accomplishment.


 
On my next post I'll catch you up on the rest of what we have been doing since my last post.  I am also working on some new posts about a few other projects I have been working on so please come back soon.  As always comments are most welcome so feel free to drop me a note and let me know what is on your mind.
 
Thanks for reading and we'll see you soon.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!