Thursday, January 21, 2010

ATC 3.6.5 Round 4





Greetings from The Loft Hello again and welcome back! I'm on my way to getting up to date with posting all the ATC's done for this month so that I can finally start blogging about other things I'm working on. One thing I haven't really menioned thus far is that all the cards I've done have titles, so from now on I will start referring to the title of the card and the date created.
Onward then to the cards. My card from 1/11 is entitled Fractured and for this card I tried experimenting with a magazine photo, I have to admit this isn't one of my favorite ones, but I think in the future I may try this concept again and expand on it.

The card from 1/12 is called Geisha. I colored the background using fired brick and Faded Jeans distress ink, and then stamped the bamboo on top. The Geisha girl is a magazine photo, to which I then stamped the fan on top of that. After finishing this one it quickly became one of my favorites.

My card from 1/13 is called On the Stage. This was a more complex card to create. I used an image from some Tweety Jill vintage papers and adhered it to the card first. I then took this neat window with curtains stamp I purchased from Heartfelt creations and stamped it on red polka dot paper. I cut out the curtains and ran them through my Fiskars paper crimper, then stuck them to the sides of the card using pop up dots. I then tied some red fuzzy fibers to the middle of each curtain to add dimension to the curtain pulls. So far to date this card took the longest to create, mostly because the dimensions of the window stamp were too large for the card and I had to trim alot to get the right placement. The result was I think well worth the effort, and I love all the dimension and texture in this card.

I hope you like the cards. Feel free to post your comments. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!