Monday, January 25, 2010

ATC 3.6.5. Round 7

Welcome to The Loft!

Greetings and welcome back. Wow up to Round 7 and happily almost caught up to date on my ATC 3.6.5 challenge. I have been faithfully completing my card a day, but posting them has taken a little longer.

So moving on to Round 7, the first card is from 1/20 and is entitled "Lady in a Feather Hat". This one has become my new favorite so far. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. So create this card I started with a piece of blue and white diamond paper from Jenni Bowlin. I then took an image from my Tweety Jill vintage collage sheets, and detail cut the lovely lady in the photo. I then adhered the image on top of the background paper. Next I took a white coffee filter that I had glimmer misted in Vintage Pink , and cut it into small thin stips, approximately 8 strips total. (Note, tissue paper would have worked here too, but I had already been making coffee filter flowers and I had one left over so I decided to use it here.) I then began rolling the strips into a cone shape. This is not easy to do since the strips are very small but tweezers can help. Once I had the first one rolled, I pressed it and scrunched it down. I then put a small amount of the white Tombow glue on it, and held it to the top of the ladies hat with some tweezers. I did this 7 more times until there was a good part of the hat's brim covered. Next I glued two feathers to the top of the hat, that fan out over the top of the card. The photo doesn't do it justice, but it was late when I took this picture and was getting impatient to post it. Sorry about the picture quality.



















My next card from 1/21 is called "Downtown Diva" and was made using a neat watercolor image I cut from a magazine, that I placed on top of some cute polka dotted Jenni Bowlin paper. I then used a Jolee 3d sticker of the Empire State Building and my white Uniball pen to handwrite my title to finish the card.


















My last card for this post if from 1/22 and is called the Queen. Once again for the background I used some Jenni Bowlin paper, and a laser printed image of Clara Bow. I topped it off with a little crown, and used some magenta stickles on the points of it. It wasn't one of my better cards, but I had a crafters night that night and wanted to work on some other projects while I was there.



















Well I hope you like the cards for today. As always please feel free to post your comments. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!