To check out some of Jill Haglund's work please visit http://www.tweetyjill.com/
What's new on the blog
I've made a few changes to my blog for better ease of use. I've added a comment link on the right side for those who'd like to say hi, along with a link to my flickr page so you can see some of my photography work, not only from the photomanipulation class I'm currently taking with Susan Tuttle, but also some of my work prior to taking the class. Also, if you want to receive my posts to your e-mail, click on the subscriber link below.
ATC 3.6.5 Challenge Update:
My card from 2/5 is called "Hearts Forever", and was made by cutting a colored background from artist paper and adhering it to the card. Next I detail cut an image from my Tweety Jill vintage collage sheet and glued her on top of the background. I then cut several hearts in different sizes from some Webster's Pages vellum. I stacked the smaller ones on top of the larger ones and used a thin pop up dot to put them together. I then used some black ink to distress teh edges of the hearts. I found some light pink adhesive pearls and stuck one medium sized pearl on each group of hearts. I then glued these stacked hearts onto the background. I then wrote the title on white paper, and cut them out. I distressed the edges of the titles with brick red Distress ink, and then glued the title down. C.R. 3
For my card from 2/6 called "Altered Cassidy" I used a black and white photograph of my youngest daughter and lightly sanded it before dry brushing a layer of Gesso on top. Once dry I then outlined the image and added detail with a fine point black marker.
I then took acrylic paint and began coloring in the areas of detail, and used some blue and a little white acrylic paint for the background. For the skin I used flesh colored pastel chalk. Once the paint was dry I then went back and added some detail to the hair with a wider point black marker. C.R. 4
My card from 2/7 is called "Each is one-of-a-kind". I started by creating a background of turquoise and yellow Adirondack paints, that I blended using a baby wipe. After this dried, I dabbed some gold Adirondack paint on randomly, only this time I didn't blend it.
When dry I then stamped some flourishes in the corners and randomely on the background of the card with black ink. Next I detail cut the boys from a Tweety Jill collage page and adhered to the background. I then cut out the phrase from some patterened paper and glued at the bottom. C.R. 3
What I've been working on
Since I did my first ATC card using this technique I've become completed addicted to altering magazing photos.
Here is one I completed on 2/5 during a crafters night
Here is one I started on last Thursday and am almost finished with. I need to paint the background and then I think I'll add some bling.
Update on Daughter #1's bedroom redecoration
We're coming along nicely on our project and managed to finish the second coat of primer and get two coats of the new paint on this weekend.
Here's a picture of the room with the new color.
Next up is to put new paintable wall paper over the purple checked wallpaper on the bottom half of the walls and paint a darker color. We haven't bought the paint for this yet, but we're looking at a darker shade, probably a plum or raspberry.
Please feel free to send me a comment, they're always welcome. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!