Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's New at the Loft Ep. 4

Update on our technical issues. For followers, past postings and other blogs I follow please scroll down to the bottom with your elevator bar. The right sidebars are there but are still appearing very far down the page. We are still hoping to get this issue resolved soon. Thanks again for your patience.

REMINDER: The Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Guild is having it's first general meeting on February 23rd at the Milk & Honey Tea Room, 2092 Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612. We are very happy to have Jill Haglund, CEO and Creative Director of Tweety Jill Publications as the speaker for our inaugural event. The meeting is from 7 - 8:30 PM and costs $5.00. There will door prizes, show & tell and much more. Any one interested can reserve their spot by calling 813-404-5165 or by visiting www.tampabayscrapbookingguild.com.


To check out some of Jill Haglund's work please visit http://www.tweetyjill.com



ATC 3.6.5 Challenge Update:

ATC 3.6.5. Challenge is going great so far, but I'm starting to feel the challenge of making a card per day. Daily life - i.e. job, kids & family, home things and a new online class are making it harder to find the time to do my cards. For something fun though, I thought I would let my 7 year old daughter Cassidy, rate the cards everyday on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being not so great to 5 being absolutely fantastic. So now after the description you will also see C.R. (Cassidy rating)followed by a number. Cassidy really likes ATC's and has made several herself.




My card from 2/1 is called "Lady in Abstract" and was created by stamping an image onto the card with a Versamark pad. I then used silver embossing powder and a heat tool to emboss the image. After that I used several colors from my NEO II watercolor crayons to color in parts of the image and then added water with a brush to thin the color and move it around. C.R. of 3.5.








My card from 2/2 is called "Altered Lady". To create this card I started with a magazine image that I adhered to the card with gel medium. I then dry brushed a light layer of gesso on top of the image. Once the gesso dried I outlined the image in a fine point marker. When doing this I also changed a part of the original image. For example the original image was of a girl with long dark hair, which has now been changed to a short blonde. I then painted in parts of the image using arylic paint. C.R. of 5.





Update on Daughter #1's Room Redecoration

Ok we've been making some progress on the room redecoration but it's been a little slow going. Hubby managed to get all of the border paper off and I taped off the room, but unfortunately it got very cold and we couldn't leave the window open anymore, so we were only able to get one coat of primer on.



Before Primer














After Primer







Tomorrow, I hope to have an update on my Photomanipulation class. So far I've only been able to watch the welcome videos and have a look around our class site. I'll be starting the video lessons, and practical assignments on wednesday.

As always your comments are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!