Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's New At the Loft Ep. 5

Yipee, our technical issues have been resolved. Thanks again for your patience!

REMINDER: The Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Guild is having it's first general meeting on February 23rd at the Milk & Honey Tea Room, 2092 Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612. We are very happy to have Jill Haglund, CEO and Creative Director of Tweety Jill Publications as the speaker for our inaugural event. The meeting is from 7 - 8:30 PM and costs $5.00. There will door prizes, show & tell and much more. Any one interested can reserve their spot by calling 813-404-5165 or by visiting "wwww.tampabayscrapbookingguild.com
To check out some of Jill Haglund's work please visit http://www.tweetyjill.com



ATC 3.6.5 Challenge Update:


Feb. 3rd's card is called "Mardi Gras" and for this card I took a simple approach. I found some images from a magazine on all the Mardi Gras happenings. I couldn't help but use them, the colors were just magnificent. The yellow border of the card was done with an oil pastel crayon. The jester was adhered using some pop up dots. C.R. 4










The card from 2/4 is called "Best Friends". For this card I started with some grungy plaid paper for the background. I got the image of the child and dog from an ATC paper pack. The corners were cut like a ticket stub using a small round punch, and it was then edged with walnut stain Distress Ink. After I adhered the image I then stamped the paw prints along the right edge. I then adhered the title using pop up dots. The entire edge of the card was then inked with walnut stain Distress ink.







Visual Poetry Photomanipulation 2 with Susan Tuttle

I am really loving this class so far, and looking through our class photo gallery has inspired me, but also made me feel really inadequate. There are so many incredibly talented people in this class and have posted some of the most amazing photos I've ever seen. I can only hope to be that good. Nevertheless I want to share my progress.

Week one started with our first lesson on giving your photo a vintage feel. For my assignment, I used a picture of my daughter Cassidy.


Here is the before shot.










After going through the lesson, and playing with the settings, here is what the photo looked like afterward.








For our second lesson this week it was all about the blur, and applying it selectively to a photo. For this assignment I chose one from some pictures I took at a Tampa Bay Lightning practice session.


Here is the before photo.











Here is the photo after I applied the blur.









For our third lesson this week, we learned how to give your photo a more retro look, by applying a photo filter and adding texture. For this lesson I used a photo of a flag I took at the Florida National Cemetery.




Here is the before photo.



















And here is the after photo, with filters and texture added.













Susan is a such a great teacher, and I'm really liking the supportive environment of the other students in the class. Everyone has been very generous with their comments.

Well that's all I have for today. I'll be at a crafters night tomorrow so my next post won't be until Saturday. As always your comments are welcome so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!