Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 18

Greetings from beautiful Charleston, S.C.

Hi everyone, the family and I are enjoying a great vacation so far, but I couldn't go the whole week without posting a little bit from our trip, and how things are going on the ATC 3.6.5. Challenge on the road.  On my last post I let you all know that for vacation week  I was going to challenge myself further by taking a minimal amount of supplies and make my card per day with things I've found along the way.  It has definitely been a challenge, but I've been keeping up with making my card per day.  I'm going to show you the cards, but since most of the materials were collected along our travels, I think I'll just tell you about what we were doing that day.

4/3 Today we spent almost the whole day driving to Charleston, except for a picnic break we took in Georgia.  The girls had just gotten their haircut the day before we left.  Cassidy had around 7 - 8 inches cut off, and Ashlyn had about 4-5 inches cut.  Both girls looked so cute with the shorter hair.

We stayed our first night in Mt. Pleasant, S.C. which is just over the Ravenel Bridge famous for being the longest cable spanned bridge in North America.


We got into the hotel later in the evening and I made a card called "The Tall Ship" from a brochure on Charles Towne Landing, which is the site of the original settlement of Charleston and features a replica of an 18th century tall ship you can view.









We got up Easter Sunday morning and headed over to Patriot's Point, home of the USS Yorktown.  Upon arriving at the museum park, we boarded a boat and headed out into the middle of Charleston harbor, and visited Fort Sumter - the site where the Civil War started.

Here's a picture of Daddy and Cassidy on the boat to Ft. Sumter

Here's a picture of the Fort from the boat 

Here's a view from inside the Fort

The USS Yorktown


View of the Bridge area from the Flight Deck
Daddy and Ashlyn playing in the Engine Room

Ashlyn giving the flight briefing
After a full day at Patriot's Point, we checked into our hotel in the historic district of downtown and I made my card (4/4) "The Charm of Charleston" was made from brochures for the nearby plantations.

Later that night we went on a ghost tour which took us into a graveyard.  Here's some photos

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Monday, 4/5 we got up and went to the Charleston Museum, here are some photos
 
 




After the museum we did a lot more walking, going to the Four Corners of Justice, the Provost Dungeon, Washington Square park and the City Market.

My card from 4/5 was called "Lady in Red" and was made using a childs fashion design plate system that they had for the kids to play with at the Childrens Museum

That's all I have for now but I will be adding more soon from the rest of our trip.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!