Monday, April 12, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 19

Greetings from Charleston Part 2

Tuesday, 4/6 we checked out of our hotel in the historic district, and the family split up for a short time.  Ashlyn and I headed towards the upper King Street shopping district. because I wanted to go to this great store called Knit where I bought these fantastic yarns.  Gotta love a store that has a knitting night called the Knit and Bitch.


Here's a close up of the above yarn.  I really love the fibers in this.







I really loved the color to this skein. 








After we went to Knit, Ashlyn and I visited Urban Outfitters.  Although I probably could never wear the clothes in this store, I really loved this store itself, which was a converted old theater.  Here's some photos of the store.

Here's the interior looking towards what was the stage at one time.


Here's a view looking towards the balcony.

Ashlyn bought a pair of skinny jeans here, but I was excited because I got a Diana Mini Lomography camera.  For those of you unfamiliar with Lomography here is a link on the subject.   I can't wait to play with this and will no doubt be posting on this in the future. 
After leaving Urban outfitters though, we headed to an art supply store where I bought some carving blocks, so I can hand carve some rubber stamps.  I'll be posting about this in the future too I'm sure.

After the art supply store we met up with Dad and Cassidy who spent a couple of hours at the Childrens Museum, and walked the market area, had some lunch and took a carriage ride through the historic residential area.  Here's some photos:



My card for Tuesday 4/6 is called ATC by Lynn, which was made from a postcard advertisement I picked up at the art supply store, and a Charleston tourism booklet.

There is lot's more to tell you about so keep a look out for the next posting.  As always comments are appreciated so drop me a note and let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!