Saturday, April 17, 2010

What's new at The Loft - Episode 20

Greetings from Charleston Part 3

There is still so much to tell you yet about our wonderful trip to Charleston.  Last post we left off on Tuesday, 4/6.  Unfortunately we had to check out of our gorgeous hotel in the historic district and we went on to our next hotel in North Charleston.  We all agreed we would have loved to stay in the historic district longer, but unfortunately our reservation there was only for 2 nights, and the hotel was booked for any additional nights.  But we weren't too disappointed though when we got to our hotel in North Charleston, which was a nice one bedroom suite.  Even though we were having a great time, I think we were all happy to have the extra room to spread out.

So we got up on Wednesday morning and after a great breakfast in the hotel, we went back to the room for a bit to relax , after which we headed to Sullivan's Island to visit Fort Moultrie.

                                                     Ray and the girls on the lookout

Inside the Fort


Ashlyn

Cassidy

Behind the Fort is a nice beach area, which the girls really enjoyed




After our time at the beach we headed back to the hotel, but stopped in Mount Pleasant for a bit where we went to a flea market/antique auction house, a book store and had a great steak dinner.  It was a full day and we were all pretty tired, but I was still able to make my card before crashing for the night


 My card from 4/7 was named "Classic Fashion" which I made from Charleston tourism book.

Thursday, 4/8 was our last full day in Charleston, so we decided to spend it downtown, walking around the historic district.


I loved these pretty flower boxes.


St. Phillips Graveyard is just as creepy in the daytime as it is at night

The newly rennovated Dock Street Theater, said to be haunted

The famous pineapple fountain in Waterfront Park


The girls looking out over Charleston Harbor, in the distance you can see Fort Sumter


We did a lot of walking but we were glad we got to visit downtown one more time.  Back at the hotel that night I made my card for the day called "Blue", which feature materials I picked up at the Dock Street Theater.


On Friday 4/9 we got up very early, had breakfast at the hotel and headed home.  It was a long trip but we were glad to be back.  Later in the evening after all the unpacking I made my card called "Back Home" in which I used materials from an Urban Outfitters catalog I picked up.


Well that's all I have for today.  As always your comments are welcomed so feel free to drop me a line.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!