Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's new at The Loft - Episode 49

Macro 3.6.5. Challenge


Cauliflower


I love cauliflower and it just so happens it was what I was making for dinner when I was looking for a subject to photograph today.  Shooting a floret close up makes it look almost like puffy clouds in the sky.  Here are a few facts about Cauliflower.  Cauliflower is a variety (Botrytis Group) of Brassica oleracea in the family Brassicaceae (the same species as broccoli).  There are four major groups of cauliflower, which include several varieties and it comes in four colors.  Cauliflower is low in fat, high in dietary fiber, folate, water and vitamin C.  It is also one of the more difficult vegetables to grow.



ISO 1600, f/11, 1/50th second, Focal Length 100 mm



The Many Faces of


My 8 year old bundle of fun!




















Comments are always welcome so drop me a note and let me know what's on your mind.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!