Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's New at the Loft Ep. 3

Update on our technical issues. For followers, past postings and other blogs I follow please scroll down to the bottom with your elevator bar. The right sidebars are there but are still appearing very far down the page. We are still hoping to get this issue resolved soon. Thanks again for your patience.

REMINDER: The Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Guild is having it's first general meeting on February 23rd at the Milk & Honey Tea Room, 2092 Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612. We are very happy to have Jill Haglund, CEO and Creative Director of Tweety Jill Publications as the speaker for our inaugural event. The meeting is from 7 - 8:30 PM and costs $5.00. There will door prizes, show & tell and much more. Any one interested can reserve their spot by calling 813-404-5165 or by visiting www.tampabayscrapbookingguild.com.


To check out some of Jill Haglund's work please visit http://www.tweetyjill.com



ATC 3.6.5 Challenge Update:

Ok, so I got a little behind on my postings due to the redecoration project in daughter #1's room. I apologize, but I've still been good about keeping up with the card per day. Here are the cards from the days from the last posting until today.





The card from 1/28 is called "To Be Free". To make this card I cut out some script background from Tweety Jill collage paper. I then piece cut the bird cage from some beautiful Webster's Pages paper and glued on top of the background. For the bird, I stamped him onto a scrap of light blue patterned paper, piece cut him out and then glued him on the top left of the cage. I then chose the letters from the My Little Shoebox mini alpha stickers i have, and placed them at the top left of the card.







For the card I completed on 1/29 entitled "Singular Sensation", I started with a background cut from some Webster's Pages paper, also piece cutting the clock from the same paper, and glued it to the background, I then cut the image of the woman from my Tweety Jill collage pack, and adhered her to the background, having her overlap the clock just a little. Next I piece cut the butterfly from a sheet of Webster's Pages paper and adhered it to the top of the card with a thin pop up dot. Next I cut out the title from some scrap patterned paper and glued in the bottom right hand corner.






For the card I made on 1/30 entitled "Wicked Little Angel" I started with a scrap of patterned paper, and then piece cut the little girl. I stamped some wings on some scrap white paper, and I piece cut them out. Before gluing them onto the back of the girl, I highlighted them in with a clear star Gelly Roll pen. I then glued the entire image of the girl with wings onto the background. With a white uniball pen, I wrote the title and decorated the two upper corners with doodles.






The card I created on 1/31 is called "Exposition D'Art". In creating this card, I started out by stamping the background with a text stamp. From some Tweety Jill collage paper I cut a strip of pink swirled paper and scalloped the edge. I then lightly applied some white paint to the pink strip. Over the text I added a little color by applying some blue and green chalk from my Stencil collection pastels. I then cut an image from my Tweety Jill collage pack and adhered it to the background. I then piece cut the two butterflies from a piece of Webster's Pages vellum and adhered them to the card with some thin pop up dots. To decorate the flowers in the image, I cut thin strips of bright pink tissue paper and rolled them up. I then crushed them down a bit and glued them in place with some Tombow glue.

What I've Completed

Here's a few cards I recently made for daughter #1's birthday.



I really like to make cards. They are fun, and I really love the expressions on my daughters faces when they see what I've created just for them.




Well I hope you have enjoyed. I will be starting my Photomanipulation class with Susan Tuttle tomorrow so I will be posting on my progress, and the progress we are making on our redecoration project.

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!