Saturday, January 23, 2010

ATC 3.6.5. Round 6

Greetings from The Loft

Welcome back! I'm getting really close to being caught up on posting the cards I have completed for January so far. So on to the cards

Next in order comes my card from 1/17 entitled "Little Girl" and was created using a laser printed black and white vintage photo that has been colored with my awesome Stencil Collection pastel chalk and a little Gelly Roll metallic pen. I then cut a frame out of some Tweety Jill collage paper and created a faux stitch around the inner edge with a black fine tip marker.


















The card I created for 1/18 is called "The Proposal". For this card I chalked the background yellow, and then used some photos from a bridal magazine to create the theme. I overlapped the photos a little because the girls hair was weird. The titles were also cut from the same magazine, except for "the ring" which I wrote with a blue Zig marker. This was a really simple card to make.




















The last card I am posting for today was created 1/19 and is entitled "Be Mine". I'm obviously not thinking of keeping in turn with the various seasons and holidays, so I guess I will need to pay more attention to that in the future.

Moving on, I actually was inspired to create this card while I was going through the drawers of our coffee table and came across this word search from a book my daughter got from school on recyclying. I thought the idea of using a word search for a background was a great idea, until I couldn't actually find any words besides those related to recycling. Words like cardboard, paper and glass were not inspiring me as far as making an ATC, but as luck would have it I found be & mine right in the same area, and an idea formed. I then found the photo of the couple in a bridal magazine, and placed on the card just to the right of the title. I then stamped a small heart on white paper, and then crumpled it to distress it. It was then sprayed with candy apple Glimmer Mist and dried with a heat tool. I then wrote the word Love with a black Zig marker, and I adhered the heart with two way glue. Lastly I circled the words be and mine in a red Zig marker.





















Well that's all I have today. I hope you like. Your comments are always welcome, so please feel free to share them. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!