Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome to the Loft! It's my own little world of fun. But to start off I should probably tell you a bit about myself. I've never really thought of writing a blog before because I always felt I wasn't clever enough to have anything interesting to say, but I decided to take the plunge and write one anyways, and if no one reads it, that's ok too. But I am a creative person by nature and want to share that with others who like me, love to make things. I love the creative process, but my interests are varied. I love miniatures, dollhouses, scrapbooking, photography, altered art and mixed media art to just name a few (ATC's are my new passion and have resolved to make one per day in 2010).

I am a mom to two beautiful girls, and a wife to a wonderful supportive man who I have had the pleasure of calling my best friend for over 20 years. I love old classic movies, (I mean 30's 's & 40's, black and whites, not AMC's version of classics from the 80's & 90's), I love to read and cook when I have time and have the inclination. I am addicted to the Sims (Sims 2 is my fave, but just started playing Sims 3) and am an avid Dr. Who fan (love David Tennant, very sad he is gone). I love to listen to music and watch TV and have very eclectic taste. I love Disney and go as often as possible, so if you read my blog a lot you'll see a lot of "went to Disney".

My life in the last 2 years has taken what I think is a pretty dramatic turn, starting with the loss of my Step-Dad in August 08. He was an amazing person and so much more than just a parental figure to me, he was a good friend who taught me so much. But it was from this pain and grief that I re-evaluated my own life, and even though I was happy, I felt stagnate inside. I took a chance and ventured out of my comfort zone and new adventures and learning emerged. It started with an acrylic album scrapbooking class, and has blossomed into so much more. I've branched out into all sorts of directions and cannot believe how much I have learned in such a short time. I've met so many new creative people and made some great new friends (something I don't do easily) who inspire, encourage and challenge me to think in different ways.

My primary focus here will be to share what's new, what I'm working on and what I've been inspired by from others, plus maybe a few other things thrown in. I hope you enjoy it and come back soon! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!