Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's new at The Loft Ep. 1

Welcome back!

Firstly I must apologize - There seems to be a technical issue with my blog where not all of the sections on the right are showing up and for some viewers it is very slow in loading. I am aware of the issue and it's being worked on, so I thank you in advance for your patience while we get it worked out.

Here's what's new: The Tampa Bay Scrapbooking Guild is having it's first general meeting on February 23rd at the Milk & Honey Tea Room, 2092 Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612. We are very happy to have Jill Haglund, CEO and Creative Director of Tweety Jill Publications as the speaker for our inaugural event. The meeting is from 7 - 8:30 PM and costs $5.00. There will door prizes, show & tell and much more. Any one interested can reserve their spot by calling 813-404-5165 or by visiting www.tampabayscrapbookingguild.com.

I'm really looking very forward to this event and meeting Jill in person since I use images from her collage sheets so much.


I'm also really excited to be starting Susan Tuttle's Photomanipulation 2 class beginning Feb. 1. You can check out Susan's blog at http://www.ilkasattic.blogspot.com

Susan is so talented and I am really looking forward to her class. Over the course of this month long class I will be posting my thoughts and experiences here, along with some of the results of what I've learned. I can't wait to get started!


ATC 3.6.5. Challenge Update: Ok so here's the card for 1/26 called "Love". To make this card I started with some sheet music paper from Jenni Bowlen that I adhered to the card. To give the paper an aged look I brushed lemon juice on it and used my Ranger heat tool, heating the paper until it started to turn brown. I printed the image of the woman on a laser printer and detail cut her. Using my Stencil Collection pastels I then colored the woman in, and adhered her on top of the background. For a little bling I lightly applied some green Stickles to the flowers in her hand, which unfortunately didn't carry over very well to the photograph. I then cut the title out of my wedding ATC paper pack and used thin pop up dots to adhere it to the card.




Here's something new I've completed:

I was playing with inchies not very long ago, and put together this mosiac that was stamped and painted with Crayola watercolor pencils. It's not your typical inchie project, but I liked the tile affect. How neat would this look if I did the same thing only used some transparencies, Staz On and alcohol ink for a stained glass window in a dollhouse! Dollhouses and miniatures are another one of my passions and am always looking for ways to reproduce life sized things into 1" scale.



What I'm working on right now:

My hubby and I are in the process of redecorating our oldest daughters' room, so I'm putting together this wall hanging for her. As a base I'm using a canvas board that I painted gray and have incorporated the new color scheme by creating a mosaic of different paper, various sizes of Tim Holtz Grungeboard letters that spell her name, and other little embellishments. It's still a work in progress but coming along nicely I think. I'll keep updated on the progress of the room, and post pictures of the completed wall hanging when it's finished. Right now my husband is doing the messy job of removing wall paper from the walls. It's a slow process but it puts us one step closer to the fun stuff like painting, new furniture and other decor.



A little tidbit about me:

I'm the type of person that I can only look at a project for so long before I have to move on. I have a large pile started projects, and a very slow growing pile of completed projects. I find that if I focus too long on one project my frustration sets in and instead of just settling for what I can slap together, I walk away from it, and then come back to complete it. I'm too much of a perfectionist I guess when it comes to my projects. Frustration kills my creative process though, so for me moving on to something else usually helps a lot. I hope that this blog will not only inform and educate those who read it but inspire me to move ahead with some projects of mine that have been sitting in the incomplete bin for a while.

As always your comments are appreciated so please feel free to send them. Thanks for visiting today and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!